Scotty3D is a C++ 3D graphics toolkit including a mesh editor, a path tracer and an interactive animator. This is part of the coursework of the CMU 15-462/662 Computer Graphics course and the base code is available on GitHub.
Model: Miku Hatsune V3 (Rummy) by Rummy, Link: https://mikumikudance.fandom.com/wiki/Miku_Hatsune_V3_(Rummy). ↩︎
- Coded key features for a Monte Carlo path tracer, including the BVH builder/traverser, the path tracing algorithm and importance-based environment map sampler
- Implemented extra techniques such as multi-jittered sampling
- Extended the Collada parser and the material class to support rendering textured surfaces
- Finished key functions for a halfedge-based mesh editor
- Coded local operations such as edge collapse and global operations such as isotropic remeshing
- Finished key features of an interactive animator with skeleton kinematics
- Implemented "an integrator for the wave equation across the mesh"